Loes Knetsch ©
I like to try things out before I write a review about it. So I created an account at the Empowr platform to see what it’s all about. Here are my findings from my point of view.
Website: www.empowr.com (former name FanBox)
Founder: Michael Pousti, Active chairman
CEO: Brian Woosley
Platform fee: Level 0 $6,00 a month- Level 23 $60.000 a month
Product: A combination of Facebook, eBay, and Blogger.
Ex-member of Empowr review
16- Other interesting reviews on this website
1. The democratic social economy of Empowr
Empowr is a democratic social economy, with its own community members. It is for sure a sales community. People are selling and buying from each other. Social? I place my question marks here. Most of the members are so busy liking and sharing, that there is no time or urge to place comments under the postings. The only contact you have is when you’ve sold or bought something. To exchange addresses.
2. How do you earn at Empowr?
- By posting pictures, status updates, the same as you do on Facebook.
- By blogging, you can advertise your blog for $1,00 a day to millions, they say, or you can just share your blog in a post.
- By bidding on products, you can bid and win the auction, you can bid and sponsor the auction. When you bid to win, you have bought the product and the payment will be deducted. When you bid to sponsor, the item is again on the market, and you are the seller now.
- By sharing blogs, posts, and ads of others.
- By listing, that means placing your own ads, and that can be anything; from an e-recipe to a 25.000 dollar worth boat, or even more expensive stuff.
3. You have to become very creative in what to post
There are people posting this kind of status updates to get their bonus, and all members are liking them like crazy
I posted with a little more creative pictures, but that takes a lot more time to create and effort.
You can make your own images with quotes on Imgflip
4. How does the payment work at Empowr?
Your earnings have to mature 90 days. Maturation means that you have to use your earnings first before you can extract them. Let’s say: You earn $25-$150 a day. You have to spend this amount on maturation. This is an automatic process which you can follow on your balance. You can see that I have earned some days over a hundred dollars a day. The blue part is ready for payout (after 90 days) and the green part I still have to use.
5. What happens after 90 days of maturation?
I haven’t waited for 90 days because I know my math. I did some research, though, and I will explain a bit in a little calculation. I assume, if you are active, you will be grown into a blue star at the end of the 90 days. That means a platform fee of $133,00 a day = $4000,00 a month.
This calculation is according to my simple common thinking assuming your level is second-degree green after 90 days:
After paying the platform fee of $231 you still have to work another 12 days to reach the 90 days matured earning of the 12th day. The calculation will be quite different when you are a blue star ($4000 fee) after 90 days
6. Work for a negative wage at Empowr
It will all be fine, when you are able to share, like, bid, post and close loops every day. You will get paid more than the platform fee will charge you. But it can go dreadfully wrong when you get hospitalized or want to have a holiday. Your platform fee will be charged, even when you are not active at Empower. And your spare matured balance will be gone before you know it. When you have reached the Teal level, the platform fee has been raised from 30.000 to 60.000 a month.
7. What do the closing loops mean?
While you interact with the Empowr community you like posts or bid on products of others. That opens a loop at the other end. They then have to close the loop with you. The more you interact with someone, the more posts you have to like, or the higher bids you have to place.
The first loop says like 3 posts or to bid $0.01 – The second loop says like 25 posts or to bid $0.66
8. Where does all the money come from at Empowr?
The money has to come from somewhere! I have read some explaining, it is very vague, but it has something to do with the stock market. As far as I can cook up, Empowr has 2 legs. One leg is the community, which provides platform fees, the other leg is the stock market, where the provided money is invested. The profit will be divided over all community members. And everyone is on the nomination to become a millionaire in no time.The promise of easy money is but a wolf's trap laid out for sheep seeking taller grass. ~ James Jean-Pierre Click To Tweet
9. Jointly and severally liable
In an announcement, it was proclaimed, that all members of the community are the rightful owners of Empowr. What really makes you scratch behind the ears. Because your invested time – turned into money – is used on the stock market – and when they use it badly – you can pay the price as rightful co-owner.
10. A hard time to delete your account?
I have deleted my account at this point, I read about difficulties deleting your account. When you go to settings, on your profile in the upper right corner, you can scroll down to ” Delete account”.
And please, do change your PayPal settings!
This is a message in Dutch, from my PayPal account, it says that my approved payment methods are canceled. You have to inform your PayPal company to get rid of approved payments to Empowr.
11. Comparison between Wealthy Affiliate and Empowr
What opposes me most at Empowr is the pressure of having to do certain tasks every day.
12. Here is a video to show you a bit about the inside of Empowr
13. For whom is Empowr suitable?
- People with a whole lot of time
- People who like to buy and sell
- People who get madly inspired to read and like posts all day long
- People who can and want to be continuously active on a daily bases
14. My final conclusion
Is Empowr a scam?
- No, but I have the opinion it is a huge waste of precious time and effort in order to earn some money.
- Can you get rich quick at Empowr? No
- Do you earn money while you are sleeping at Empowr? No
- Would I recommend joining Empowr? No, it’s a mind-numbing activity
My final posting at Empowr speaks for itself, and the “socially engaged” Empowr community.
24 likes – No comments!
15. Socialibility of the Empowr community
I was a member for almost 3 months
- No sorry to see you go
- No-one telling, you are wrong
- No-one is contradicting me
- I did business but I didn’t make friends
My first recommendation when you want to join a helpful, caring and lively community to build your own business and create a way to earn money online is
16. Other interesting reviews on this website