Loes Knetsch ©
Photography is a hobby for my husband and me. We like to share these images freely with you on
When you are a blogger, you always are on the lookout for free material to add to your blog. A lot of websites are claiming to have free pictures, but it often turns out to be not so free at all. Some work with credits. At some sites, they send pictures to your mailbox. At a lot of websites, it is quite an indistinct wheater it is a free photo or not.
Current Fair Use image copyright laws say that you’re financially liable for posting copyrighted images, even if:
- You did it by accident
- You immediately take down the picture after receiving a DMCA takedown notice
- The picture is resized
- If the picture is licensed to your web developer (Getty Images requires that you get your own license, thankyouverymuch)
- You link back to the photo source and cite the photographer’s name
- Your site isn’t commercial and you make no money from your blog
- You have a disclaimer on the site
- The pic is embedded instead of saved on your server
- You found it on the Internet (that’s not an excuse!)
If you use copyrighted images, you will get caught sooner or later.
Freeimages.siterubix.com is totally free, you don’t have to log in or leave an email address. Just grab your pics.
While surfing the internet it is sensible to learn the skills, know what the rules are. How to avoid scam and not to become a victim of internet criminality. There are very smart and devious guys who will approach you with emails, offers and, phone calls. When you think you have been scammed, click here to find a guide to what actions you can take.
© Loes Knetsch. All rights reserved.