Are you in doubt, if blogging is something for you? You heard and read a lot of stories about making money with blogging. And you are thinking: “How can I learn to blog? Where do I start? I started blogging some years ago, and I love to share my stories online. That’s why I have several websites. About my work, about my passion, and about the Wealthy Affiliate courses, because that’s the place I learned all about blogging and how to start a website.
My blog on this website is about helping parents and caretakers to be creative in every way.
I am not writing blogs on this website, I just share the hobby of my husband here. He likes to take pictures, and I found hundreds of them on his computer and asked him if I could share them 🙂 Everybody can use them now copyright free on their blogs. That’s better than when they are caught up in a computer.
Over a year ago I asked myself the Question:
How Can I Learn To Blog?
When so many people are doing it, I can learn it! So I went back to school, “54 years of age and back in the school banks”. And good heavens, I learned a lot! As a complete newbie in this business, I now have 5 websites, and I love it 🙂 Now I hear you count, haha.
These are only 3 with the work at home future. Yes, you are right, I have 2 other websites in Dutch, where I write in my native language! On the “Kleurboekjes” I write about my passion, about the school of life, a bit spiritual and a few of my own ideas how things go in the world. And “Eigensitemaken” is the almost the same content as this website only in Dutch.
What did I learn at the Wealthy Affiliate University?
- For instance, that starting up a website isn’t difficult at all. I had in the past a CD with a program on it. Had to learn how to write codes. Luckily that’s past tense. All coding is been done on the background. The only thing you need to know is, where the characters are on your keyboard. The automatic site builder does the work nowadays. In just 4 steps you’ll have your own website online.
- I also have learned how to advertise my website, without bothering my personal network. I have worked for an MLM (multi-level marketing) company. You had to sell things to your friends and family, and try to get them into that business too. Well, that wasn’t me at all. I could not do that. I am not a saleswoman. You learn how to advertise your website by using Google, Bing, and Yahoo. And how to use it on different social media platforms.
- What definitely important is, is that you learn all about keywords/ keyword phrases and how to use them. As a newbie, you probably don’t know what I am talking about right now. I learned that at WA, yes that’s how we call Wealthy Affiliate in short. The keyword phrase for this blog is “How can I learn to blog”. In short, it comes down to, I tell Google, Bing, and Yahoo about this keyword and they send people to my blog when they type in “How can I learn to blog” in the search bar.
- How did I learn to blog? That’s quite easy. It’s no more than telling a story or sharing an idea or promoting something, I found out. Like what I am doing now, I am telling you about how easy it is to start-up your own website and how to write a blog.
- The course on WA is in very easy to understand English, and the language on the forum is in English too. So my knowledge of the English grammar has become a lot better. You obviously can tell I am not a native English writer. But I am sure everyone can understand what I write. I need to tell you something about the course at WA too. The getting started modules and the Bootcamp modules are all presented as video tutorials. They say what you have to do, and at the same time, you see what you have to do. And what a very nice side issue is, Kyle, one of the owners of WA, is talking you through all videos, and he does this with a very pleasant voice.
This is Kyle, from Wealthy Affiliate, and he is showing here how easy it is to begin your first website!