Loes Knetsch ©
When you are living and working online in the European Union, and use Google Analytics for your website, you need to accept the new terms of services according to the General Data Protection Regulation Law In The European Union (AVG)
Every EU citizen, who is using Google Analytics has received an email to take action to accept these DPA rules. From the 25th of May, 2018, all properties who are using GA have to accept these new terms.
You need to accept the terms of services for every property you own separately.
This is the content of this email:
Step 1: Review and accept the updated data processing terms in each account for each product you manage in the Google Analytics Suite:
- Google Analytics / Analytics 360: Admin > Account > Account Settings (scroll to bottom of page)
- Google Optimize / Optimize 360: Edit Account Details > (scroll to bottom of page)
- Google Tag Manager / Tag Manager 360: Account Settings > (scroll to bottom of page)
- Google Attribution / Attribution 360: Admin > Account Settings > (scroll to bottom of page)
- Google Data Studio: User Settings > Account and Privacy (acceptance managed on a user basis)
Additional information about accepting these terms:
- All clients using 360 products, clients using Data Studio, and clients using standard versions of Tag Manager or Optimize whose accounts were created before March 12, 2018, can review and accept data processing terms in their account(s).
- For clients based in the EEA or Switzerland, updated data processing terms have already been included in online terms for all Google Analytics and Attribution accounts and for Tag Manager and Optimize accounts created on or after March 12, 2018.
- For clients based outside of the EEA or Switzerland, data processing terms can be reviewed and accepted in the UIs of each account.
- Once you accept the new data processing terms, they’ll supplement your current contract or Terms of Service and will take effect on May 25, 2018
- If you contract through a Sales Partner for any 360 products within the Google Analytics Suite, you should seek advice from the parties with whom you contract.
- If you are located in Germany, the Hamburg Data Protection Authority has been informed of these new data processing terms.
Step 2: Provide your legal entity and contact details for notifications we may need to send under the GDPR (e.g. subprocessor appointment):
- For Analytics, Optimize, Tag Manager and Attribution, you can provide the contact details within Suite Home ( “Organization Settings” >“Data Processing Amendment – Details”).
- For Data Studio, the contact collection mechanism exists in Data Studio only (not in Suite Home) and is available at User Settings > Account and Privacy.
Here are the steps you have to take:
- Go to your Google Analytics account
- Account settings (scroll down)
- Accept DPA amendment
- Manage your data
I have taken some screenshots
(Sorry that my GA is in Dutch, but I think it will show you what’s it all about)
When you scroll down you can read – This account is not accepted
Click on the provided button to get to the agreement
And click on Accept
Then you have to manage your DPA data, the link to that is provided too. Click on that link and enter the legal person or registered business and your address and email.
This is all about the new rules Google has to imply according to the European Union. They have entered these new rules to protect your privacy online.