Loes Knetsch ©
The word ‘good’ is of course rather vague and subjective. Nevertheless, I will try to give you some sort of definition or requirement list for a good business website.
A business website is good when:
- The visitor sees immediately where the site is about
- The visitor finds very quickly what he/she is looking for
- The visitor is tempted to do something. E.g, search, click, email or buy something
- Furthermore, your site should be, of course, trustworthy.
It should have a green padlock in the browser.
Who are you?
It’s very important that you have “an about me” or “an about your company” page. People do like to know who is behind the business you are promoting. Who you are and in which country you live. The internet is a worldwide organization and therefore, this information is crucial to succeeding with your online business.
Where is your website about?
At first entry, it must be perfectly clear where your website is about. What can your visitors expect?
- Can they search your website easily?
- Is it clear right away?
- What do you promote?
- Do you have a slogan?
- Do you have a logo?
My slogan and logo here say:
Work At Home, The Future Is Yours!
Does your website look trustworthy?
These are all signs of a badly designed website:
- Is the website outdated?
Look at the bottom for the copyright date, is this the current year?
- Is the website filled with advertising banners?
- Do the visitors get bombed by popups?
- Do they have loud red flashing ads?
- Does the title not fit to the article? (We call that “clickbait” titles)
Good business websites
- The images on your website are balanced.
- The banners are comfortable.
- The information is up-to-date
- There are testimonials on the website ( mine are in the footer of this page)
Can you find quickly what you are looking for?
- Are there recent posts in the sidebar?
- Are there categories?
- Is there a search box?
Do you understand why people came to your website?
- Are they on your website to inform themselves about the possibilities?
- Are they on your website to buy something?
- Did they arrive by accident?
- Are they on your website to spam you in the comment area?
- Which search term is used most frequently?
Check your Google analytics and search console report to find out which search terms are most popular.
Call to action
If you have a business website, you do not just want visitors to come, you like it when they contact you or order something from you. For this, you must seduce your visitor and turn it on to action. So you must have a call to action on every page.
- Do you call your visitor to action?
- Is it clear to your visitors what to do?
- Can they click a “Start here” or a “Create your account today”, or a “Buy this”?
Contact and privacy information
It’s important that you can contact the owner or the company.
- Is there an email address or a phone number?
- Is there a way to contact the owner?
- Can you see in which country the company is located?
- When it’s a physical company, is there a road map?
- How do they think about your privacy?
Good business websites start here
With a website of your own, you take the helm. Without stress and with the help of a global community, you can start your own good business website. I feel some questions arise…
- What to put on a website?
924 Niche ideas for a website
- I don’t know anything about managing a website.
- Is it difficult to put text and images on a website?
- Decide what you want on your website.
5 reasons to start a website: 1. share info, 2. sell products, 3. show your local business, 4. Start affiliate marketing, 5. Sell services.
- How can I schedule my online business?
Whatever you want, you can earn money from a website.
With our websites, hosting, and our platform Wealthy Affiliate, you escape the hassle. We take the responsibility to secure and backup your website. It’s all included. Also the 24/7 technical support! Together with fantastic WordPress themes, we teach you how to design very good looking, cost-effective, business websites.Life is more beautiful when you are creating a website with a little help from new friends ~ Loes Click To Tweet
We teach you what you need to know
- How to score great on Google.
- How to attract visitors.
- Every technical aspect to maintain your website.
- Explanation about how WordPress back office works.
- Thorough training modules will lead you step-by-step.
- Security, support, and help are 24/7 available.
Of course, you can hire a good website development agency to design your business website, and you probably have to pay this buro a couple of thousand dollars for it. At our place, you pay $49/mth or an annual fee of $495 all included! Training, technical and community support, website templates, and hosting(10), overall security, and much more…