Loes Knetsch ©
You decided to set up your business, but what does this really involve. I will give you a schedule for your online business.
Work from Home
- Keep the routine into it
- Set your alarm clock, take a shower, get dressed and start on time
- Establish a separate workplace
- An additional bedroom is ideal, but if it is not there, then apply a secluded spot somewhere in the house
- Keep work and home separate
- If you work on your case, then do not vacuuming in between
- Tell others you are working. If everyone thinks, he/she is free and yet at home, you will be often disturbed
- Protect your computer from viruses
- Backup your work at the end of the day
- Install the 2-3 most common browsers, or at least check your site on another computer, it can be different
- Read other blogs to keep up to date on your topic, sign up on Tumblr
- Check your sites regularly for broken links
- Optimize your tax situation, consult a professional
- Be honest and transparent
- Make your vision your reality
- Create your own logo, you can try Fiverr.com at $5
- Create your own Favicon
- Make your own photographs
- Write an author biography and put a picture of yourself on it
- Add a ping list
- Sign up for affiliate programs (Google p.e books + affiliate)
- Track where your visitors come from (Google Analytics)
- Respond always to your comments
- Have a Google XML Sitemap and submit to Google Webmaster Tools
- Have a Bing XML Sitemap and submit to Bing Webmaster Tools
- Ask feedback from colleagues, friends and family, is your page users friendly, visually friendly? Are the fonts and colors appealing?
Time for a cup of coffee
- Get your own domain name, choose wisely, you can’t change it!
- Set up a Pay Pal account
- Set up an autoresponder
- Create a Skype account
- If you get a lot of questions, create a question and answer page (FAQ)
- Try to place your website link on other websites
- Ignore negative criticism and stupidity
- Set up: Google account G+, a Twitter account, a Facebook pagina, Linkedin, Pinterest, Reddit etc. These cost time, but are very effective.
- Set up Google AdSense (before you do this, you do have to create enough content)
- Comment on other sites, leave you website link and share the site on social media
- Start an email list
- Download the plugin Social Media Feather
- Be careful with flash banners, most people do not like those
- Set up a newsletter, put a subscribe form on your site
Blogging is a great way to share your ideas. Write at least one blog a week, and have a passion for your topic. Spend time on researching what you are writing about. Has anyone else already written about this topic? Can you write it better? Are you unique? Or can you add more value to the topic?
- Think up an appealing headline
- Blog relevant information
- Identify, what keeps your potential reader up at night
- Play with that, what do your readers talk about
- How can your product help your readers
- Mention a solution, what are the benefits
- Use relevant images
- Add your personality to your writing, they have to hear YOU speak
- Do not just hit the share button, write an effective catching intro before sharing your blog.
- Do not subscribe to RSS add content plugins, it will add strange content.
- Use only Copyright free images and pictures and use plenty
- Try to put keywords into your site title
- Learn to use “Call for action” in your blog post, end with an invitation or a question
- Write content what readers are looking for
- Add a picture of yourself on your blog
Live your life
Besides working, you have a life, live it to the fullest.
Work on your personal growth, exercise, relationships and experience life the way you should
When you are missing something, please let me know on the form below,
so I can add it to my list, I really appreciate it when you reply
© Loes Knetsch. All rights reserved.
Cup of coffee Copyright: Chemical Heritage Foundation [CC-BY-SA-3.0 (http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-sa/3.0)], via Wikimedia Commons
Source picture copyright: http://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/File:Computerposition.jpg?uselang=nl