Loes Knetsch ©
What is trending in 2019? I have searched the internet for the Top Trends In Online Marketing 2019. And surprisingly, it doesn’t differ that much since 2018, only the urge is higher.
I created the following list of 5 Top Trends. The list is in random order.
1. Present on the web – any business
It’s of great importance that you have a website, next to your offline sales location. More and more business owners see that as a must in 2019. They see that their customers are buying often online. So, when you want to make any profit nowadays, it is most urgent to open a webshop next to your physical shop. Not only small business owners are more active on the web nowadays, but also people who want to create an additional income, or even want to sack their boss and go for a full-time income are looking around for opportunities. A website is a perfect way to earn something on the net.
Why is a website important?
- A website is the first contact with your target group and potential customers.
- You can show who you are.
- By far the majority of people use Google to find something.
- People can clearly see which services you provide and/or which products you sell on the website.
It is therefore also very important that your website looks good, up-to-date and uses the correct search terms.
2. E-commerce – buying online
E-commerce is exploding, it will double the next couple of years. And a lot of online shops are giving their customers the easy option to shop from the couch. You can fill in what time you like them to deliver your purchase, and how you want to pay. Bank. Paypal. Ideal. Credit cards are accepted. Even cash to the postman is an option.
When you look at the numbers, online sales worldwide have almost tripled. And within 7 years the market has grown from $1,336.00 billion to $4,878.00 billion.
You can read more about the current growth of internet sales and e-commerce throughout the world on this website. E-commerce markets are growing at noticeable rates. Take yourself as an example, how much more you nowadays order via the internet compared to 10 years ago. That’s how it works for everyone.
3. Use of smartphones & tablets
They have become indispensable. the mobile devices. When you are starting a webshop on a website, you definitely have to think about the mobile friendliness. That is of utmost importance! Your customers will leave at once when the menus are not working correctly on their mobile phones. Or when it’s impossible to purchase stuff. Be sure your internet presence is responsive, quick and user-friendly.
10 reasons why mobile-friendliness is of great importance
- 1. Google gives priority to mobile-friendly websites, in all search results.
- 2. People use mobile devices everywhere to do everything.
- 3. It helps you to be credible with your customers and your industry.
- 4. It becomes the standard.
- 5. You can reach more customers faster.
- 6. You make your customers much happier.
- 7. Because Google wants you to do it.
- 8. Your website looks good and works well on any device.
- 9. Reputation is everything, you give your visitors a good experience
- 10. Your company is considered modern and relevant.
4. App fever
Immerse yourself in handy apps for your business. Or hire a company to make an app for you. It started out with apps for the I-phone back in 2007. Apps are little programs that make everything easier for your customers. When you want to outsmart your competitors, you should think about this very carefully. Apps are essential for your future online success. With your own app, you can inform your customers faster and more efficiently of information and offers.
The advantages of using apps
- An app is always at hand because people take their phones with them everywhere.
- Apps are used more on the phone than mobile sites.
- Apps have a better user experience than mobile sites.
- Apps provide better service to your customers.
Disadvantages of apps
- Apps are more expensive to produce than mobile sites.
- Apps have a lower reach than mobile sites, because not every app is suitable for every platform.
- Apps are not indexed by Google.
5. Cooking – old school?
Do you run a restaurant, a snack bar, a grocery or a diner? And you don’t supply your services on the internet yet? Or reservation possibilities using an app? If you are not hurrying up, you are going to miss the boat! The trend is to order food! Fully prepped meals. And to order fresh, ready to eat meals with urgent delivery. The trend is to book online. To make online quick and easy reservations.
An online booking system gives more sales
- Customers can schedule an appointment anytime and anywhere.
- Prevent forgotten appointments by sending an appointment reminder.
- Efficient agenda management. You have an overview of all planned appointments at a glance.
- Fewer interruptions due to telephone traffic.
- Available times always visible to the customer.
- Your customers see it as an extra service.
These 5 Top Trends In Online Marketing 2019
can have major consequences for you!
When you, as an offline business owner, miss out on these 5 trends, you can face heavy times in the future.
- If you don’t have a website, make one.
- If you have a website, make it responsive and very user-friendly.
- Whether your competitor is using apps or not, get your own apps now.
- Be sure your payment options are multiple and easy.
- Get your ass out here on the internet! (I am not a person who uses strong language normally, but please, you really need to take action now!)
My no 1# recommendation to use for building and hosting a website
and to get all the help you need to create your online performance.