Why can’t I find my website on Google?
Loes Knetsch ©
Why can’t you find my website on Google? That’s a good question. Although people often think that Google knows everything, you will still have to tell Google that your website is made and is online. Google can’t smell that. And if your website is not known in the Google database, you will miss a lot of clients and readers.
There are thousands of companies online that offer a website at ridiculously low rates. Some make a profit by populating your website with advertisements. Others let you pay for every small technical component with upsells. But they do make a profit.
Many of these companies give you a small explanation about the technical side, but you often have to figure it all out for yourself. And that is really not easy for a layman. Some do well, who give extensive training when starting a website. But there is a price tag attached to that. You understand that online training for a web designer and developer is not free.
Here we come to your question, “Why can’t I find my website on Google?” That is a normal part of website development training. How to register a website with Google, Bing, Baidu, or Yandex. They can throw you in the deep, with the announcement, find out for yourself, but that did not help you.
Then you consult the helpdesk, and you wait hours, days, weeks for an answer. Which ultimately doesn’t really help. It makes you hopeless and you want to throw your website out the window together with your computer. A good helpdesk and technical support team are a must.
Some have a forum and a member community that can assist you. But if you ask a question, you will be fooled and get answers like:
If you can’t even do that, then go on!
First, learn to type!
Website security and hosting
Not every website host has security # 1. Often you have to invest a lot of money for extra backups and security. That is not included in the starting price. As a result, your website can be easily hacked. And there are quite a few low-lives out there that take pleasure in messing up your website. (Almost) No host gives you a security lock (SSL) or does daily backups to keep your website safe. Nor do they take responsibility for your site speed and spam and malware blocking.
As a result, the costs for a website vary enormously! What do you get for your money? A bare website?
- Is there training included?
- Do you get backups?
- Are there any ads on your website that don’t help you?
- Is the technical support team available?
- Is there an active helpful forum?
- Is your website security guaranteed?
A number of things are very important to attract visitors to your website.
- Is your website findable by the search engines?
- How do you profile yourself on Social Media?
- Are you not using copied content?
- Is your website technically well-structured or are there any errors?
- How do you advertise your website?
- Is your website secured with a padlock?
- Are your blog titles attractive, and do they cover the load?
- Are your blogs attractive or do you have large blocks of text?
Read my blog: How to increase website traffic
When you use photos or images for your website, you have to be very careful. Not every image is copyright free. There are a lot of rules attached to it. You can’t just Google an image and put it on your website. That can bring you a big fine.
My No. #1 Recommendation
Since 2014, I write websites via the platform “Wealthy Affiliate”, to my great satisfaction.
It is an all-in platform with 1 price. An annual or monthly subscription. With a nice free entry. 7 days free premium account, a free website, and 20 free lessons. In those 7 days, you can see if the premium account is for you, and you can try out the first 20 lessons. You can meet our worldwide community in our live chat and read all profiles.
What do you get?
You can choose from 3 options (although you always start with the free starter account):
- A starter membership (0,00) – as long as you wish, training account.
- A monthly premium membership (49,00)
- An annual premium membership (495) all- in and no upsells.
Wealthy Affiliate Commission
There are multiple ways to earn money at/through the Wealthy Affiliate Platform.
- Find people to join, you earn a commission from that.
- Give comments on websites through the platform, you can earn up to 0,50 per comment.
- After 3 months of membership, you are allowed to write training for the platform, each training can bring in $75
- Follow the training and learn how to earn with affiliate marketing.
Website development and design training
What can you expect if you decide to become a premium Wealthy Affiliate member and create your website there?
- Extensive complete marketing training, an official of the platform, and member training.
- Complete security package with SSL, against hackers, malware, and DDOS attacks.
- A 24/7/365 technical support team, lightning-fast.
- A friendly helpful community, no question is too much.
- A global community always in the open live chat for instant help.
- Your own coach who can support you with everything, when you accept my offer, that’ll be me.
- Premiums have direct private access to the founders.
- 10 websites
- One price-all in!