Today, with this WordPress plugin tutorial I want to show you how to add a WP notification bar.
You can see the blue bar above the header. That is the notification bar I am going to show to you.
Before you add any plugin, you have to realize that every extra plugin can slow up your site.
Every plugin can create a conflict.
And when you want to remove them, when they are not working the way you want to, they can affect the way your site works.
So before adding a plugin, we are going to make a backup for your website in 3 steps.
1. Go to tools
2. Go to export and choose All content, and click on Download Export file.
3. Click on save (sorry my computer speaks dutch:) after saving you can find your files in the folder “Downloads”
The add new – WordPress plugin tutorial
1. At first, you have to go to your dashboard. Go to the plugin tab. On top, you see Add New. Click on that button.
2. On top, you see the box “Search plugins”
3. Enter there: WP notification bar. And click on enter.
4. Look for the next plugin. WP notification plugin. Check if it is Compatible with your version of WordPress. If so, click on Install Now.
5. When you have clicked the button, you will get a warning like this, and then I have the habit to talk to the computer 🙂 Yes I am sure!
6. When you clicked the OK button you have to activate the plugin.
7. Now we have to bring in the content we want to display on the website. Therefore, we go to the dashboard where the word Notification is added.
8. At the top you see the color scheme, we will come back to that. We scroll down to the Notification message. Whatever you want to display you can fill in.
9. You can always adjust your text, or promote something else. You can fix the bar, so it will stay on screen while scrolling. And where do you want the text? Play with it and see which position is the nicest one.
10. Where do you want your visitors to go? Fill in the Call to action box, Click here, or Buy Now ore On Sale or something. Then add the HTTP:// link in the Button URL box.
11. It is time to look at the result! Go to your website and see! This is one of my sites.
12. This is the standard bar, I do not like the read color, it does not combine well with my theme. So I am gone adjust the color. Therefore, I go to 2createawebsite.com to find suitable colors. On the main page, you choose Hex color scheme generator.
13. This is the generator we are going to use. You can use the slider and thereafter the color field, in the box will appear a code.
14. We are back in the settings of the Notification bar. The color scheme. We are going to fill in the code we copied in the box you see below. For example, I adjust only the Background Color. Of course the Border and Text Color can be changed too. As well as the color from the Call to action button.
15. Let’s see what we have accomplished…………
I wish you a lot of fun playing with text and colors and I hope you enjoyed this WordPress plugin tutorial.
I like to see your result! So please leave a comment below!
“WordPress plugin tutorial, add notification bar”